Construction Information

Ready to build, remodel or add a shed, garage or other building? Here is a checklist of the documents you will need and the information you need to know.

  • Check with Wasatch County to make sure your lot can have a dwelling built on it.
  • Read the CC&Rs governing Timber Lakes Estates.
  • Complete and submit the Building Plan Application Exhibit A with all required attachments.
  • Complete and submit the Road Excavation Permit.
  • Upon approval of all applications, remit all payments due to the TLPOA office.
  • TLPOA requires that you submit your building plans electronically. You may either email us the plans at or send a CD/DVD containing your plans to the office
  • We will email your TLPOA-approved building plans to you so you can apply to Wasatch County for a building permit.
  • The total lapsed time that you have to build in Timber Lakes, after receiving your permits from TLPOA and Wasatch County, is three (3) years from the date of of your county-approved building permit. You are required to complete your construction project during that time period. Construction activity beyond the 3-year-limit will be subject to fines, loss of Bond and a requirement to re-permit with TLPOA.
  • The time limit for requesting a bond refund is two (2) years from the completion date of your project (final inspection and/or Certificate of Occupancy from the County).
  • Please remember that there is no guaranteed access to your property for construction during the winter months. The roads are closed to construction vehicles, including delivery vehicles, between October 15 and whatever date in the Spring we are able to reopen them for construction traffic. Your road may also be closed at any time we deem it appropriate to close some or all of the roads.

Minor Construction Projects

All projects are required to meet all CC&R and Architectural Control Regulations requirements. However, certain types of projects of minor nature (sheds/garages/small decks, propane tanks, replacing your front door, etc., are exempt from the complete plan approval process. If your project meets the guidelines for being a minor construction project, you may be exempt from the standard approval process. Review the Exempt Construction Application Exhibit B form to see if your project qualifies.

Bond Refund

When your project is complete, here is the form you submit to apply for a refund of your construction and excavation bonds Bond Refund Form. We do not consider refunding any construction or excavation bonds until you have completed the Bond Refund Form and returned it to the office.


Architectural Control Regulations

Building Plan Application Exhibit A

ACR Bond and Fee Schedule

Road Excavation Policy

Road Excavation Permit

Exempt Project Application Exhibit B

Bond Refund